The cricket colony hasn't done exceptionally well. There are two things that I was concerned about that I believe were the causes: 

  1. I used a normal high wattage incandescent bulb instead of a heat lamp; they are in the basement
  2. I didn't have a constant source of moisture

Both of these things were mentioned in the instructions I read. Well, they're important. I lost more adult crickets than expected. There are enough live crickets to use as food for Tyler. It is still quite possible that eggs have been laid and I may be expecting another generation that I can take better care of. 

If not, well, they're bugs. I'll buy more.